We get so caught up in the day-to-day crises of our jobs we often forget the communications basics.
Use this checklist at the beginning of each week to keep tabs on your company and your competition.
- Check all the links on your website to make sure they are still live
- Search your company on Google, Yahoo, etc
- Search your company on blogs through technorati or blogsearch
- Update Google Alerts
- If you are using paid search like AdWords, test different terms. Test ad content.
- Monitor web traffic
- Update your blog
- Determine what to post to Twitter this week
- Update your Facebook page
- Check your competitor’s websites
- Check your competitor’s web traffic on Compete.com.
- Search your competitor’s on Google, Yahoo, etc
- Search your competitor’s on blogs through technorati or blogsearch
Starting the week off following this checklist gets this out of your way and, more important, gives you time to work on anything you might discover.